So, you want to become a Personal Trainer?
Personal Trainers are involved in the assessment, training, and supervision of a variety of people in health and fitness clubs, gyms, sports centres, community recreation organisations and other venues.
A Personal Trainer designs and delivers exercise programs for individuals and small groups as well as possess a wide range of fitness-specific knowledge that ensures they are able to provide appropriate exercise programs to their clients, to help them lead a healthy lifestyle.
What qualification do you need?
Does the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) offer courses to become a Personal Trainer?
Yes! At AIPT we offer students practical education and REAL industry experience. We ensure students graduate with all the necessary competencies required to be a successful Personal Trainer.
A qualification from AIPT will launch your career as a Personal Trainer and ensure you are successful in the fitness industry. We offer Australia’s latest and most up-to-date courses and give you access to online study materials and a dedicated education and support team.
What’s the best path to take?
Whether you’re changing careers, already working in the fitness industry, continuing your studies or are wanting the fastest path to employment within the fitness industry – we have an option to suit you:
- New to the industry: Our Complete Personal Trainer* course is for you, combining both the core units of a Certificate III in Fitness SIS30313 and the Certificate IV in Fitness SIS40210.
- Qualified with a Certificate III in Fitness: You only need to complete the Certificate IV in Fitness to become a fully qualified Personal Trainer – combine it with a Diploma of Business for a dual qualification that will give you the tools to run your own Personal Training business.
A Certificate IV in Fitness SIS40210 requires that you have completed the Certificate III in Fitness SIS30313.
If you have not yet obtained a Certificate III in Fitness but are wanting the fastest path to become a Personal Trainer, the Complete Personal Trainer* course combines both the core units of a Certificate III in Fitness with the Certificate IV in Fitness, ensuring you have gained the comprehensive knowledge required to become a Personal Trainer.
The Complete Personal Trainer* course qualifies you to become a Personal Trainer and enables you to gain employment in a variety of fitness areas such as:
- Health Clubs
- Women’s Only Fitness Clubs
- 24-Hour Health Clubs
- Mobile Personal Training
- Personal Training Studios
- Sports specific training roles
- Cruise Ships
- Health Spas
- Group Fitness Studios
- Outdoor Fitness Centre
- Boot Camps
- Personal Training Franchises