How to Get Your Certificate III in Sport and Recreation
How to Get Your SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation
A SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation can open doors to a variety of exciting careers.
Perhaps you’re interested in providing technical advice and support to a local sporting team? Or maybe you’d like to organise outdoor activities for children at after-hours school care? Whatever your career aspirations, a SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation will open doors to a range of customer support and operational roles in the sport and recreation industry.
Discover the entry requirements, delivery options and potential job outcomes of a SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation with AIPT.
SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation Overview
A SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation will give you the skills and knowledge to work in sport, fitness and recreation environments, plan and conduct programs, organise schedules and use social media tools for collaboration and engagement.
You’ll also learn how to maintain sport, fitness and recreation facilities and conduct noninstructional sport, fitness or recreational sessions.
A SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation can qualify you for a range of roles in the industry, and it can also be a great stepping stone to a SIS50115 Diploma of Sport and Recreation Management for those looking to further their studies and career.
What You’ll Learn
Units of study in the SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation include:
- BSBWOR501 – Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- SISXFAC409 – Plan and provide sport, fitness and recreation services
- BSBLDR502 – Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- SISXMGT001 – Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships
- SISXIND007 – Develop and implement participation strategies
- SISXHRM001 – Recruit and manage volunteers
- SISXIND005 – Coordinate work teams or groups
- BSBADM502 – Manage meetings
- SISXCCS002 – Coordinate client service activities
- BSBPMG522 – Undertake project work
- AHCBUS506A – Develop and review a business plan
- SISXIND003 – Maintain legal knowledge for organisation governance
- BSBHRM405 – Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- BSBHRM501 – Manage human resources services
- BSBRSK501 – Manage risk
- BSBMKG501 – Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- BSBMKG523 – Design and develop an integrated marketing communication plan
- BSBFIM601 – Manage finances
- BSBMGT517 – Manage operational plan
- HLTWHS004 – Manage work health and safety
AIPT offers the SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation entirely online, so you can study at your own pace. You’re required to complete one unit every three weeks to graduate in 12 months.
Studying through our online learning platform allows you to dedicate time to your course when and where it suits you, whatever your existing commitments.
Online study is a convenient option for anyone with a busy schedule. Whether you’re a parent or caregiver, working fulltime or simply don’t have the time for traditional study, our SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation is designed to work for you.
Cost and Payment
Your course fees include the delivery and assessment of your qualification, all study materials/resources, and ongoing support from our education team.
You can pay your course costs upfront with a VISA/MasterCard or bank deposit, or set up an instalment plan with regular payments every week or fortnight.
Call us on 1300 616 180 for SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation costs.
You must meet the following criteria to be eligible to enrol in a SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation:
- You must be at least 16 years old. If you’re under 18, a parent or guardian will need to sign your enrolment form.
- You must be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
- You must have completed year 10 or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by a qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR 2 years’ industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You ‘ll also require access to a laptop or computer with internet access, Microsoft Word, Adobe Reader and Flash.
Potential Job Outcomes
Activity Operation Officer
A SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation qualifies you to work as an activity operation officer. In this role, you’ll plan, review and implement sporting programs and activities specific to your sport or recreation environment and encourage group participation.
Recreation officers organise a range of recreational activities and programs for organisations. From schools and fitness facilities to community recreation facilities and youth centres, you’ll have the opportunity to organise outdoor activities for people of all ages.
Sport and Recreation Attendant
As a sport and recreation attendant, you’ll be responsible for providing a range of duties in a sport and recreation environment. These might include equipment hire, ensuring the health and safety of guests, and administration duties.
Leisure Service Operator
This role involves assisting and supervising visitors in a leisure centre-style environment, as well as taking on a variety of administration, maintenance, and customer-service responsibilities.
For more positions in the recreation industry, read this article.
Ready to tackle a SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation? Learn more about the course here or call 1300 616 180 to enrol with AIPT today.
Enter your details below for more information