How to Get Your Certificate IV in Fitness
How to Get Your SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness
Interested in a SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness? This nationally recognised qualification can open doors to a variety of exciting and rewarding careers in the health and fitness industry.
If you’re passionate about working with people to achieve their fitness goals, a SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness will enable you to work as a fully qualified personal trainer – whether in a gym or your own personal training business.
Discover the entry requirements, delivery options and potential job outcomes of a SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness with AIPT.
SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness Overview
A SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness is the minimum certification needed for you to work as a registered personal trainer in Australia.
Providing hands-on training in a real gym environment, a SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness teaches you the practices of client health and fitness assessment, specialised exercise programs, training legalities and motivational psychology.
It also focuses on business planning and marketing. If you dream of being your own boss, a SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness gives you the tools to set up, manage and promote your personal training business.
What You’ll Learn
A SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness includes the following units of study:
- SISFFIT019 – Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT018 – Promote functional movement capacity
- SISFFIT015 – Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context
- SISFFIT025 – Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 – Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
- SISFFIT016 – Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
- SISXRES001 – Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
- SISFFIT021 – Instruct personal training programs
- SISFFIT023 – Instruct group personal training programs
- SISFFIT017 – Instruct long-term exercise programs
- SISFFIT020 – Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISSSTC301A – Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISSSTC402A – Develop strength and conditioning programs
- SISFFIT012 – Instruct movement programs to children aged 5 to 12 years
- SISFFIT013 – Instruct exercise to young people aged 13 to 17 years
- BSBSMB401 – Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB404 – Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB403 – Market the small business
- BSBSMB405 – Monitor and manage small business operations
- SISXCCS003 – Address client needs
AIPT offers three delivery options for the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness:
- Face-to-Face On-Campus – 52 hours of face-to-face practical delivered on campus in a real gym. Theory components completed online.
- AIPT Mentor – 40 hours of face-to-face practical completed with an AIPT Mentor/qualified PT who guides you through your course material and provides hands-on experience. Theory components completed online. This delivery option is based on availability.
- Student-Selected Mentor – Choose your own mentor to guide you through 40 hours of face-to-face practical. Theory components completed online. Your chosen mentor must be approved by AIPT.
Each of these delivery options takes up to 12 months.
Cost and Payment
Your course fees include the delivery and assessment of your qualification, all study materials/resources, and ongoing support from our team.
You can pay your course fees upfront via VISA/MasterCard or bank deposit, or set up an instalment plan with regular weekly or fortnightly payments.
Call us on 1300 616 180 for SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness costs.
There are several requirements necessary to be eligible to enrol in a SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness, including:
- You must be 16 years or older. If you’re under 18, you’ll need a parent or guardian to sign your enrolment form.
- You must be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
- You must have completed year 10 or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by a qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR 2 years’ industry experience in a role that involves the use of written documentation and communication.
- You must hold a current first aid and CPR certificate.
You’re also required to have been recognised as competent in the foundation knowledge of fitness and training fundamentals as outlined in the SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness.
- SISFFIT001 – Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT002 – Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT003 – Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT004 – Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT005 – Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT006 – Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT014 – Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISXCCS001 – Provide quality service
If you don’t already hold a SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness, our Complete Personal Trainer Program combines the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness with the necessary units of competency as an all-in-one course.
Potential Job Outcomes
With a SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness, you’ll be qualified to work as a personal trainer in a local gym or fitness centre. Here you can train your own clients and build your client base while enjoying a community feel.
Personal Training Franchises
Working as a personal trainer in an established fitness franchise can really give your career a boost – especially if you’re considering eventually doing your own thing. This allows you to deliver specialised training to your members and build a client base before launching your own business.
Your Own PT Business
Want to be your own boss and choose when and where you work? A SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness qualifies you to start your own personal training business with your own client network.
Discover the pros and cons of working as an employed personal trainer vs. a self-employed personal trainer in this article.
Check out the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness course page to learn more or call 1300 616 180 to enrol with AIPT today.
Enter your details below for more information