You are not required to provide any personal information to us. If you do not do so, it may affect your use of this Site or the products and services offered on the Site.
Collection of personal information
We collect information from a variety of sources. Information may be collected:
- via our industry partners associations or other body which is a member or affiliated with AIPT;
- when you subscribe to a AIPT Group publication;
- when you provide details to AIPT Group in an application form, consent form, survey, feedback form or incident report;
- when you enter personal information into, or agree to having your personal information entered into, one of our online systems;
- when you access the Site;
- when you contact us via email, telephone or mail or engage via social media;
- when you participate in any program, activity, competition or event run by AIPT Group;
- when you apply for employment; or
- where we are required to do so by law (for education, VET training, child protection, Work health and safety laws or other legislation in Australia).
The information that we collect may include:
- dates of birth;
- job titles;
- contact information, including email address;
- demographic information such as postcodes;
- other information relevant to the customisation of a document on the Site;
- information about your business or personal affairs;
- information about your vocational needs;
- other information relevant to client surveys and/or promotions; and
- any other information requested on this Site or otherwise required by us or provided by you.
As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies and measurement tools, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
Use of personal information
We collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide information, products and services to you and request information to manage and administer those products and services(including enrolment, assessment and issuing certificates of completion and testamurs);
- to respond to your queries relating to our Site, our products, advice and services;
- to provide information to our network of industry partners and contractors (each a Consultant) for the purposes of assisting you and managing your enquiry or needs;
- to better understand your needs, enabling us to improve our products and services;
- for internal record keeping;
- to circulate promotional emails about new products and services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting;
- to contact you for market research purposes;
- direct marketing;
- to customise the Site according to your interests; and
- to customise documents according to your business needs.
We may contact you by a variety of measures including by telephone, email, sms or mail. If you wish to update your contact details or change the way we contact you, please contact us at the details below.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information:
- for the purpose of providing information, products and services to clients;
- to assist us with functions such as recruitment of students, work integrated learning placements or providing overseas student health cover;
- To register and administer events, promotions or competitions;
- To verify personal information details upon request from third parties, such as completion of courses, a request from a potential employer verifying a qualification and further enrolment into another institution;
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, including disclosure and reporting to Commonwealth, State and Territory government agencies for planning, evaluative, administrative and funding purposes. This may include:
- disclosure and reporting to Commonwealth and State government agencies (including State Training Authorities) for the purpose of administrating entitlements to financial assistance under Commonwealth and State government programs for supporting students, such as FEE-HELP, VET Student Loans and VET FEE-HELP
- disclosure to government agencies responsible for administrating and regulating education and training providers in Australia, such as Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA), Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), Tuition Protection Service (TPS), and
- disclosure to government agencies with responsibility for administering immigration and student visa arrangements (including disclosure of suspected breaches of student visa conditions)
- for students under 18, information regarding attendance, progress and general well-being may be provided in order to keep parent(s) and/or guardian(s) adequately informed;
- to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities where students fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them;
- to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- to one or more Consultants, for the purpose of providing information and services to you;
- to the relevant third party or parties, with our client’s consent, if the matter involves third parties; and
- to third parties, including agents, referral partners, contractors and sub-contractors for the purposes of providing information, products and services to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to this disclosure. Where we disclose your personal information to third parties, we will request or otherwise seek to get comfortable that the third party follows the Australian Privacy Principles regarding handling your personal information.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where we have sought to maintain confidentiality.
We do not typically or routinely disclose personal information to overseas recipients. Unless consent has been given, or an exception under the Australian Privacy Principles applies. We will only disclose personal information to overseas recipients where reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the overseas recipient does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to your personal information. In circumstances where information is disclosed to overseas recipients, those recipients are likely to be located in countries in the regions in which we operate.
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure that information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse information about web page traffic and improve our Site by tailoring it to your needs. We use this information for statistical analysis purposes only, following which the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Site, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you provide to us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may, however, prevent you from taking full advantage of the Site.
We may also use web beacons on this Site from time to time. Web beacons or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
Anonymity: we will provide individuals with the option of remaining anonymous or using a pseudonym in their dealings with us where it is lawful and practicable (for example, when making an enquiry). Generally is it not practicable or lawful for us to deal with individuals anonymously or pseudonymously on an ongoing basis (for example, if the individual wishes to enrol in a course of study).
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us, details below.
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you, please email us. We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us, details below. We rely in part upon clients advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time and will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be incorrect so that the information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, or opt out of communications, please contact us at the details below.
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach then please email us setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and will endeavour to respond to you in writing within 28 days setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
To contact our Privacy Officer, please contact us at:
Australian Institute of Personal Trainers Pty Ltd
PO Box 303, Lutwyche, Queensland, 4030
Last update: 16th February 2017