What is VET FEE-HELP?
VET FEE-HELP is an Australian Government loan scheme that helps eligible students pay their tuition fees for Diploma courses undertaken with an approved provider. What this means is that you can study now and pay later.
The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers is proud to be an approved VET FEE-HELP provider.
How does VET FEE-HELP work?
Everyone has a lifetime limit for FEE-HELP, which includes VET FEE-HELP. For 2016 the limit is $99,389 for most students. You can borrow up to this amount to pay for a VET FEE-HELP approved course.
Once your income reaches the repayment threshold ($54,869 for 2016-2017) you begin to pay the VET FEE-HELP loan back through the Australian taxation system.
Will I pay any interest of fees?
There is no interest charged on VET FEE-HELP debts; however debts are indexed each year on the 1st June once they are 11 months old. This means that the debt will maintain its real value by adjusting to changes in the cost of living.
There is a 20% loan fee applied to VET FEE-HELP loans, which is not counted towards your FEE-HELP limit.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for VET FEE-HELP you must:
- Provide a copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate or have successfully completed an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test.
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent humanitarian visa holder resident in Australia
- Be a full fee-paying student
- Have not exceeded your FEE-HELP lifetime limit
- Have a valid Australian Tax File Number (or certificate of application)
How do I apply?
Contact a Career Advisor at the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers.
We’ll help you with the application and let you know if you qualify. Call us on 1300 61 61 80.
The census date is the last day you can submit your Request for Commonwealth Assistance Form (to access a VET FEE-HELP loan) or withdraw your enrolment without incurring the fees or a HELP debt.
If you do not submit your form by the census date, you will not be eligible to access a HELP loan for that study period. Please see our withdrawal and cancellations policy for more information.
Our VET FEE-HELP approved courses
- Diploma of Fitness SIS50213
- Diploma of Business BSB50215
- Diploma of Practice Management HLT52012
- Diploma of Business Administration BSB50415
- Diploma of Project Management BSB51415
- Diploma of Human Resource Management BSB50615
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety BSB51315
- Diploma of Leadership and Management BSB51915
- Diploma of Events SIT50212
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care CHC50113
- Diploma of Hospitality SIT50313
- Diploma of Marketing BSB51215
- Diploma of Retail Management SIR50112
- Diploma of Travel and Tourism SIT50112
- Diploma of Accounting FNS50215
- Diploma of Sport and Recreation Management SIS50712
- Diploma of Nutrition (Non-Clinical Advisor) 10136NAT
- Double Diploma of Business Administration and Practice Management BSB50415 / HLT57715
- Double Diploma of Business and Marketing BSB50215 / BSB51215
- Double Diploma of Business and Leadership and Management BSB50215 / BSB51915
- Double Diploma of Business and Accounting BSB50215 / FNS50215
- Double Diploma of Human Resources Managment and Leadership and Management BSB50615/ BSB51915
- Double Diploma of Travel and Tourism and Marketing SIT50112 / BSB51215
- Double Diploma of Retail Management and Business SIR50112 / BSB50215
- Double Diploma of Leadership and Management and Practice Management BSB51915 / HLT57715