Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on this enrolment form), may be used or disclosed by AIPT for statistical, administrative, regulatory and research purposes. AIPT may disclose your personal information for these purposes to:
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies; and
Personal information that has been disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed by NCVER for the following purposes:
- Populating authenticated VET transcripts;
- Facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage;
- Pre-populating RTO student enrolment forms;
- Understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- Administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may receive a student survey which may be administered by a government department or NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor or other authorised agencies. Please note you may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the National VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER's website at www.ncver.edu.au).
In addition, AIPT logs information about your access and use of our websites, including through the use of Internet Cookies and measurement tools, communications with our website, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
AIPT collects and uses personal information for the following purposes:
- Provide information, products and services to you and request information to manage and administer those products and services (including enrolment, assessment and issuing certificates, record of results, statement of completion or attainment, and/or testamurs),
- Respond to your queries relating to our website, our products, advice and services,
- To better understand your needs, and help us to improve our products and services,
- Internal record keeping,
- Circulation of promotional emails about new products and services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting (you may opt out at any time),
- Contact you for market research or direct marketing purposes (you may opt out at any time),
- Customise the website according to your interests and needs, and
- To customise documents according to your business needs.
AIPT may contact you via a variety of measures including by telephone, email, SMS or mail. All communications from AIPT will be via your contact details recorded on file. You may also engage with AIPT via various social media platforms, which collect and store your personal information and data. It is your responsibility to keep your details up to date. You may update your contact details or preferred method of communication, unsubscribe, or opt out from any marketing communications by contacting AIPT at any time.
Disclosure of Personal Information
AIPT may disclose your personal information under the following circumstances:
- for the purpose of providing third parties (including employers and mentors) with information about your progress,
- for the purpose of providing information, products and services to clients,
- to assist us with functions such as recruitment of students, work integrated learning placements or providing overseas student health cover,
- to register and administer events, promotions or competitions,
- to verify personal information details upon request from third parties, such as completion of courses, a request from a potential employer verifying a qualification and further enrolment into another institution,
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, including disclosure and reporting to Commonwealth, State and Territory government agencies for planning, evaluative, administrative and funding purposes. This may include:
- disclosure and reporting to Commonwealth and State government agencies (including State Training Authorities) for the purpose of administrating entitlements to financial assistance under Commonwealth and State government programs for supporting students.
- disclosure to government agencies responsible for administrating and regulating education and training providers in Australia, Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), Tuition Protection Service (TPS), and
- disclosure to government agencies with responsibility for administering immigration and student visa arrangements (including disclosure of suspected breaches of student visa conditions)
- for students under 18 years of age; information regarding attendance, progress and general well-being may be provided in order to keep parent(s) and/or guardian(s) adequately informed,
- to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities where students fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them,
- to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights,
- to one or more Consultants for the purpose of providing information and services to you,
- to the relevant third party or parties, with our client’s consent, if the matter involves third parties, and
If there is a change of control of our business, sale, or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law and the Standards for RTOs 2015, our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. AIPT would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where we have sought to maintain confidentiality.
AIPT is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial mechanisms and procedures to safeguard and secure that information, and to protect your sensitive information from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
AIPT uses traffic log Cookies to identify which pages are being used, which helps us analyse information about web page traffic and improve our Website by tailoring it to your needs. We use this information for statistical analysis purposes only, following which the data is removed from the system. Overall, Cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A Cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you provide to us.
You can choose to accept or decline Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may however, prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. AIPT may also use web beacons on this website from time to time. Web beacons or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to Other Websites
Controlling your Personal Information
Anonymity: AIPT will provide individuals with the option of remaining anonymous or using a pseudonym in their dealings with us where it is lawful and practicable (e.g., when making an enquiry). Generally is it not practicable or lawful for us to deal with individuals anonymously or by pseudonym once enrolled. To make formal enquiries on your enrolment, you will be required to verify your legal identity.
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, to third parties including employers or mentors, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us in writing.
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small fee may be payable for the provision of information to cover administrative costs. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you, a request can be submitted in writing, however AIPT reserves the right to refuse the application in certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act.
Correction: If you believe that any of the information that AIPT holds on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, you may apply in writing at any time to amend or update your details. We rely solely on clients advising us when their personal information changes and take no responsibility for communications which are missed or not received due to information held on file which is out of date. Any request to update personal information must be received in writing and will be responded to within a reasonable timeframe, with file records updated promptly.
Marketing: AIPT will communicate marketing materials with you from time to time, however you have the right to unsubscribe or opt out of communications at any time by contacting us to update your preferences. AIPT’s contact details are listed at the bottom of this policy.
If you believe that AIPT has breached the Australian Privacy Principles, the National VET Data Policy, or this Policy & Notice, a breach of privacy notification can be submitted in writing, which will be investigated in full within a reasonable timeframe. Upon completion of the investigation, you will be provided with the investigation outcome, including what action has been taken to remedy the breach.
AIPT can be contacted via:
Australian Institute of Personal Trainers Pty Ltd 54-58 Brookes St, Bowen Hills, Qld, 4006
PO Box 508 Fortitude Valley, Qld, 4006 firstname.lastname@example.org