Diploma of Nutrition
Embark on a rewarding new career pathway with a Diploma of Nutrition
Do you have a strong interest in health and fitness? Are you passionate about promoting a balanced lifestyle and improving people’s diets? If you’d like to enhance your knowledge of nutrition and gain a valuable skillset that translates to a career in the fitness industry, a 10967NAT Diploma of Nutrition might be for you.
The 10967NAT Diploma of Nutrition is an online course offered in Australia that focuses on providing participants with a broad range of knowledge, abilities and skills that can be applied in a range of professional environments. No matter what area of the health and fitness industry interests you most, an online nutrition diploma course will equip you to perform a wide variety of essential tasks. Whether it’s advising on food and healthy eating recommendations, providing meaningful sports nutrition advice or understanding and creating meal plans, a diploma of human nutrition will prepare you thoroughly for all of it.
With the 10967NAT qualification under your belt, you’ll graduate prepared to apply for nutrition advisor jobs. According to Job Outlook, the number of nutrition professionals and fitness instructors in Australia is expected to grow strongly over the next five years. Opportunities are open across the country, with most health and fitness professionals working in industries such as health care and social assistance, arts and recreation, and education and training.
All components of AIPT’s 10967NAT Diploma of Nutrition are delivered online, combined with a required 30 sessions of practical work placement. This nationally recognised qualification takes just 12 months to complete, so you can hit the ground running in your career in just a year’s time from commencing your studies.
Interested in advancing your training abilities and improving your health and fitness knowledge? AIPT offers a diverse range of fitness and personal training courses. Get qualified as a personal trainer with a Certificate IV in Fitness or be ready to work in the sport or community recreation industry with a Certificate III in Sport and Recreation.
You will need to have completed year 12, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate IV level or higher OR
- 2 years of relevant industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 18 years of age or older at the date of enrolment.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete your Work Placement, you may be required to hold a current "Working with Children Check Clearance" issued by the relevant Responsible Authority in the State or Territory in which you will undertake the course. Please see the Student Handbook for more information.
In order to complete the online part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High-speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic (Dial-up access is not recommended)
- Windows: Operating system – Windows 8 or above
- Internet Browser: Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- MAC: Operating system - OS X 10.14 Mojave or later
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download).
10967NAT Diploma of Nutrition
Online, combined with 30 hours of practical placement sessions available
Up to 12 months
Submit 1 unit of competency every month to graduate in 12 months
Cost & Payment Options
Upfront payment and instalment plans are available.
Your course fee includes:
- Delivery and assessment of your qualification
- Study materials (including all resources)
- On-going support from our Education Team.
You can pay for your course upfront via VISA/MasterCard or a bank deposit. Alternatively, we offer instalment plans that can be paid over several weeks or fortnights.
For more information about 10967NAT Diploma of Nutrition costs, please call us on 1300 616 180.
Course Structure and Units
Qualification Status - Check the currency of 10967NAT
Must have completed Australian grade 12 or overseas equivalent, be at least 18 years of age and possess high literacy and numeracy skills.
This qualification requires the candidate to complete 30 practical sessions in a health or fitness workplace under the supervision of one of the following:
- A qualified Personal Trainer who cumulatively holds the following:
- A Certificate IV or Diploma of Fitness
- Current Fitness Australia Registration or Equivalent
- At least two (2) years consecutive current practice as a Personal Trainer offering guidance to clients in line with the Australian Dietary Guidelines
- A person who holds a Diploma of Nutrition or Advanced Diploma of Nutrition
- A person who holds a Bachelor of Nutrition and/or Dietetics
- A registered and practicing Nutritionist
- A registered and practicing Dietitian.
Students may need to undertake a Working with Children check to meet individual work placement employer requirements.
Why choose us?
100+ campus locations
We’re all around Australia, with locations near you.
Flexible payment options
A range of payment options to suit your lifestyle.
Learn from real fitness professionals, in real gyms
Designed to give you a practical experience in a real gym environment.
Largest network of industry partnerships
The largest network of employers, fitness professionals and fitness business owners.