Certificate III in Fitness
Become A Fitness Instructor
Enrol with AIPT to give your fitness career a kick-start.
The SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness can turn your passion for health and fitness into a career. This course can take you to a job where you love coming to work or even get to be your own boss.
By enrolling with AIPT, you’re signing up for a truly interactive and hands-on approach to learning. Throughout the SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness, you’ll acquire the theoretical knowledge and practical skills needed to conduct fitness assessments and design/deliver fitness programs that help people achieve their goals.
When studying the SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness, you’ll choose one of two specialisations based on your career aspirations:
- Group Exercise Instructor – People who graduate with this specialisation are ready to deliver group exercise sessions designed for clients across a range of ages and fitness levels. These sessions could be freestyle, pre-choreographed, or circuit-style.
- Gym Instructor – People who graduate with this specialisation are equipped to provide tailored client assessments, assist gym members with correct technique and equipment usage, and develop/demonstrate fitness programs. You’ll also have the skills to supervise a facility or service, keep a fitness centre clean and well-maintained, and handle a range of customer enquiries.
This course also helps you develop a comprehensive understanding of fitness and training fundamentals (such as anatomy and physiology principles), equipping you to be a highly valuable member of any gym staff. You’ll also learn the latest in healthy eating trends and motivational strategies, allowing you to help members succeed on their health and fitness journeys.
With AIPT, you’ll enjoy flexible course delivery. The practical components are delivered by real fitness professionals in real gyms, while you can complete the theory elements of the SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness online from the comfort of your home.
This nationally recognised course is also a fantastic steppingstone towards the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness – perfect for those aspiring to become qualified personal trainers.
See our other fitness courses.
- Education: You’ll need to have completed year 10 or equivalent (i.e. a qualification at Certificate II level or higher, or 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication).
- Minimum age: You need to be at least 16. If you’re under 18, a parent or guardian will need to sign your enrolment form.
- Residency status: You need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
- Working with children check: For the work placement portion of your course, you may need a current “Working with Children Check Clearance” issued by the relevant authority in your state/territory.
For the online part of the course, you’ll need regular access to:
- A laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphones
- High-speed internet such as broadband, ADSL, T1/T2 or fibre optic (dial-up access is not recommended due to slow speeds)
- A suitable operating system (Windows XP or Vista 7 or above for Windows computers, OS X 10.4 or later for MAC computers)
- An internet browser (the latest version of Google Chrome or Internet Explorer 7 or higher)
- Software such as Flash, Adobe Reader, and Microsoft Word.
How to Apply
Simply call our friendly team on 1300 61 61 80 or fill in the enquiry form below, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. In the meantime, learn more about the difference between the Certificate III and IV in this article, or consider looking into our Complete Personal Trainer Program.
SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness
Student Selected Mentor & AIPT Selected Mentor available
Up to 12 months
AIPT Mentor: 30 practical hours
Student Selected Mentor: 30 practical hours - Online theory
Cost & Payment Options
Upfront payment and instalment plans available.
Your course fee includes:
- Delivery and assessment of your qualification
- Study materials (including all resources)
- On-going support from our Education Team.
You can pay for your course upfront via VISA/MasterCard or a bank deposit. Alternatively, we offer instalment plans that can be paid over several weeks or fortnights.
For more information about SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness costs, please call us on 1300 61 61 80.
Course Structure and Units
Why choose us?
100+ campus locations
We’re all around Australia, with locations near you.
Flexible payment options
A range of payment options to suit your lifestyle.
Learn from real fitness professionals, in real gyms
Designed to give you a practical experience in a real gym environment.
Largest network of industry partnerships
The largest network of employers, fitness professionals and fitness business owners.