Certificate IV in Fitness
Become A Personal Trainer
Kick-start your career as a personal trainer with a SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness
Recently completed the SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness? Now it’s time to go the extra mile and advance your career path in the health and fitness sphere. Enrolling in the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness is the perfect way to expand your qualifications and prepare for a successful, rewarding career as a personal trainer.
This course will equip you with all the skills to train clients in a gym or even become your own boss as an independent personal trainer. From the moment you graduate, you’ll have a competitive edge over others in the field, because you’ll have a deeper understanding of the science behind fitness and training principles.
The SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness gives you the opportunity to learn from real-world fitness professionals in a real gym environment. This allows you to refine your ability to deliver client health/fitness assessments and tailored exercise programs. You’ll extend your competencies across a broad range of relevant topics including fitness planning, training legalities, and motivational psychology.
Our SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness also focuses on business planning – so you’ll graduate with all the knowledge and tools you need to set up, manager and promote your personal training business, giving you a crucial advantage over your competitors.
This nationally recognised course is the minimum requirement for becoming a qualified personal trainer, opening the door for you to work as a hands-on fitness professional in gyms, health clubs, boot camps, and your own personal training business.
See our other fitness courses.
- Education: You’ll need to have completed year 10 or equivalent (i.e. a qualification at Certificate II level or higher, or 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication).
- Minimum age: You need to be at least 16. If you’re under 18, a parent or guardian will need to sign your enrolment form.
- Residency status: You need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
- Working with children check: For the work placement portion of your course, you may need a current “Working with Children Check Clearance” issued by the relevant authority in your state/territory.
For the online part of the course, you’ll need regular access to:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High-speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic (Dial-up access is not recommended)
- Windows: Operating system – Windows 8 or above
- Internet Browser: Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- MAC: Operating system - OS X 10.14 Mojave or later
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download).
Training and Assessment
You must hold a current first aid and CPR certificate*. You must have also been assessed as competent by a recognised training program or recognition process for each of these units:
Provide health screening and fitness orientation
Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
Instruct fitness programs
Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
Provide healthy eating information
Conduct fitness appraisals
Instruct exercise to older clients
Provide quality service
*Your first aid and CPR qualification needs to be completed with an external third party. This cost is not included in your course fees; however, AIPT has an agreement with Red Cross Australia (RTO 3605) to provide first-aid training to our students at a reduced price. You can choose to take advantage of this arrangement or pursue this certificate via another training provider.
How to Apply
Simply call our friendly team on 1300 616 180 or fill in the enquiry form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. In the meantime, you can learn more about how to get your SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness by reading this article.
SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness
Face-to-Face On-Campus & AIPT Mentor & Student Selected Mentor available
Up to 12 months
Face-to-Face On-Campus: 52 practical hours
AIPT Mentor : 40 practical hours, theory completed online
Student Selected Mentor : 40 practical hours
Cost & Payment Options
Upfront payment and instalment plans available.
Your course fee includes:
- Delivery and assessment of your qualification
- Study materials (including all resources)
- On-going support from our Education Team.
You can pay for your course upfront via VISA/MasterCard or a bank deposit. Alternatively, we offer instalment plans that can be paid over several weeks or fortnights.
For more information about SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness costs, please call us on 1300 616 180.
Course Structure and Units
Why choose us?
100+ campus locations
We’re all around Australia, with locations near you.
Flexible payment options
A range of payment options to suit your lifestyle.
Learn from real fitness professionals, in real gyms
Designed to give you a practical experience in a real gym environment.
Largest network of industry partnerships
The largest network of employers, fitness professionals and fitness business owners.