Diploma of Sport and Recreation Management
Become A Sports Program or Facility Manager
Get down to business and turn your business acumen and passion for fitness into a career
If you have a passion for sport and recreation, and a strong head for business, this qualification is your ticket to a rewarding career in sports management.
The Diploma of Sport and Recreation Management will enable you to step up into a managerial position in an elite sports complex and give you the choice to work in a range of job sectors.
From the moment you graduate, you will be equipped with the practical skills required to manage a successful and thriving fitness centre. You will learn how to develop marketing strategies, coordinate client service activities, obtain sponsorships and finance management. In addition, you’ll also be able to recruit and lead staff, manage organisational risk and maintain work health and safety systems.
To broaden your understanding of the fitness industry and gain a competitive edge, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers offer a range of elective subjects that will give you a deeper understanding of event planning, fitness equipment management and more.
This is a Nationally Recognised course.
See our other fitness courses.
You will need to have completed year 10, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the online part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High-speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic (Dial-up access is not recommended)
- Windows: Operating system – Windows 8 or above
- Internet Browser: Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- MAC: Operating system - OS X 10.14 Mojave or later
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download).
SIS50115 Diploma of Sport and Recreation Management
Up to 24 months
One unit of competency every month to graduate in 24 months
Cost & Payment Options
Upfront payment and instalment plans available.
Your course fee includes:
- Delivery and assessment of your qualification
- Study materials (including all resources)
- On-going support from our Education Team.
You can pay for your course upfront via VISA/MasterCard or a bank deposit. Alternatively, we offer instalment plans that can be paid over several weeks or fortnights.
For more information about SIS50115 Diploma of Sport and Recreation Management costs, please call us on 1300 616 180.
Course Structure and Units
Qualification status Check the currency of SIS50115.
There are no prerequisites for entry into this course. It is recommended that you have lower level qualifications (ie. SIS40115 Certificate IV in Sport and Recreation Management). Access to “Sport and Recreation activities” is required.
Why choose us?
100+ campus locations
We’re all around Australia, with locations near you.
Flexible payment options
A range of payment options to suit your lifestyle.
Learn from real fitness professionals, in real gyms
Designed to give you a practical experience in a real gym environment.
Largest network of industry partnerships
The largest network of employers, fitness professionals and fitness business owners.