Diploma of Nutrition (Non-Clinical Advisor)
Become A Nutrition Advisor
Enhance and develop your understanding of Nutrition with a 10136NAT Diploma of Nutrition (Non-Clinical Advisor)
The 10136NAT Diploma of Nutrition (non-clinical advisor) gives you the tools and knowledge to assist your career in the health and fitness industries.
As industry experts in health and fitness, we have developed this nationally accredited course within the national dietary guidelines, to be applied in a non-clinical setting.
This course gives you a firm understanding of the fundamental principles of nutrition including:
- Basic medical knowledge about the human body
- How to provide specialised nutritional advice and evaluate general health, wellbeing and lifestyle.
This is a Nationally Recognised course.
You will need to have completed year 12, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate IV level or higher OR
- 2 years of relevant industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 18 years of age or older at the date of enrolment.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete your Work Placement, you may be required to hold a current "Working with Children Check Clearance" issued by the relevant Responsible Authority in the State or Territory in which you will undertake the course. Please see the Student Handbook for more information.
In order to complete the online part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High-speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic (Dial-up access is not recommended)
- Windows: Operating system – Windows 8 or above
- Internet Browser: Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- MAC: Operating system - OS X 10.14 Mojave or later
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download).
10136NAT Diploma of Nutrition (Non-Clinical Advisor)
Online, combined with 30 hours of work placement available
Up to 12 months
One assignment every week to graduate in 12 months
Cost & Payment Options
Upfront payment and instalment plans available.
Your course fee includes:
- Delivery and assessment of your qualification
- Study materials (including all resources)
- On-going support from our Education Team.
You can pay for your course upfront via VISA/MasterCard or a bank deposit. Alternatively, we offer instalment plans that can be paid over several weeks or fortnights.
For more information about 10136NAT Diploma of Nutrition (Non-Clinical Advisor) costs, please call us on 1300 616 180.
Course Structure and Units
Qualification status Check the currency of 10136NAT.
To undertake this qualification, you may be required to hold a current “working with children check”(card) issued by the relevant Government department in the state of territory in which you will undertake this course. This is necessary in order to complete your practical component.
In addition, it is required that students:
- are 18 years or older at the date of enrolment to participate in a course with the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers
- have completed year 12 or equivalent level of education
Why choose us?
100+ campus locations
We’re all around Australia, with locations near you.
Flexible payment options
A range of payment options to suit your lifestyle.
Learn from real fitness professionals, in real gyms
Designed to give you a practical experience in a real gym environment.
Largest network of industry partnerships
The largest network of employers, fitness professionals and fitness business owners.